Safe Routes to School (SRTS) plans are community plans to promote an active lifestyle for all residents. The focus of SRTS plans are on teaching children pedestrian and bicycle safety, making the environment safer for children to walk and bicycle to school and around the community, and promote a healthy lifestyle. The SRTS plan encourages children and the community as a whole to walk, bike, and be more physically active. By promoting a more active lifestyle, there are a number of positive externalities that include: reduced traffic congestion near schools and in the community, better air quality around schools and in the community, and an overall healthier community.
- Luverne (2019)
- Fulda (2018)
- Heron Lake-Okabena (2016)
- Hills-Beaver Creek (2017)
- Ivanhoe (2017)
- Jackson County Central – Jackson (2013)
- Jackson County Central – Lakefield (2013)
- Marshall (2017)
- Murray County Central (2017)
- Pipestone Area Schools (2017)
- Redwood Falls (2017)
- Windom Area Schools (2014)
- Worthington (2015)
If you have any questions regarding SRTS, contact Maxwell Kaufman (507.836.1633).