Southwest Regional Development Commission works with local units of government, businesses and area residents to implement policies protecting the natural environment of our region. In addition to our work in Energy, Infrastructure, Land Use, and Transportation, SRDC offers technical expertise in Solid Waste Management and Natural Resources planning.
Conservation of natural resources is a priority that transcends jurisdictional boundaries. SRDC has concentrated recently on local water management policy in Southwest Minnesota. The Minnesota Board of Water & Soil Resources (BWSR) explains that “Comprehensive Local Water Management is the adoption and implementation of local water management plans that are based on local priorities. As a general-purpose unit of government, counties, with their planning and land-use authorities, are uniquely positioned to link many land-use decisions with local goals for surface and groundwater protection and management.”
SRDC can customize technical assistance to meet your needs. We have worked with counties, soil and water conservations districts (SWCD), and watershed districts to facilitate and manage the local water management plan update process. SRDC has also provided streamlined technical writing for water plans, according to the unique needs of each client.
Completed Local Water Management Plans
- Murray County Comprehensive Plan
- Cottonwood County Comprehensive Plan
- Jackson County Comp Plan June 8 2010
- Nobles County Comprehensive Plan
- DNR Natural Resources Planning
- MN Board of Water & Soil Resources
- MN Association of Soil & Water Conservation Districts
- MN Association of Watershed Districts
For more information on Natural Resources, contact Annette Fiedler.
The SRDC assists counties in Southwest Minnesota to meet the State of Minnesota solid waste planning requirements. The SRDC provides professional staff support to the Southwest Regional Solid Waste Commission, a joint powers board consisting of Cottonwood, Jackson, Lac qui Parle, Lincoln, Lyon, Murray, Nobles, Pipestone, Redwood, Renville, Rock, and Yellow Medicine Counties. The Solid Waste Commission was organized to facilitate planning, management, and implementation of solid waste management across the twelve county area.
For more information on Regional Waste Management, contact Annette Fiedler.
- Appendix A – Goal Volume Tables and Budgets
- Appendix B – Contracts and Agreements
- Appendix C – Detailed Demographic Data
- Appendix D – Resolutions, Documents
- Appendix E – Ordinances
- Appendix F County and SWRSWC Adoption of the Plan
- Appendix G – Glossary / Definitions
- Pharmaceutical Brochure 09-2014
For More InformationContact Us