Minnesota has significant economic opportunities all across the state. Regions throughout Greater Minnesota share many qualities and challenges, but lack the intentional alignment needed to take advantage of shared priorities and maximize the use of resources. The lack of alignment has led to a limited voice in crafting an effective development policy based on regional priorities.
As a member of the Minnesota Association of Development Organizations (MADO), SRDC works alongside the nine other Regional Development Organizations (RDOs) across the state to promote and create economic prosperity in Greater Minnesota. This is accomplished through alignment of a strong network of RDOs, the communities they serve, and the federal and state agencies that share their commitment.
A Collaboration of Regions A MADO initiative first released in 2015, DevelopMN is a plan that outlines collaborative strategies for growth and prosperity in Greater Minnesota. This plan for greater Minnesota creates the framework that all regions will use to update their local Comprehensive Economic Development Strategies (CEDS).
DevelopMN identified four cornerstones for strong regions and communities:
What will DevelopMN accomplish?
SRDC is working collaboratively with Regional Development Organizations across Minnesota to accomplish the following:
- Create a common framework for regional economic plans, including a template for data collection, assessment, strategies, and measures of success.
- Develop regional strategies that address the special challenges and opportunities of each part of the state.
- Create a framework for state action that will enhance and support economic development efforts at the local and regional level.
- Develop and implement an approach that effectively engages state partners.
- Raise the bar on what constitutes effective rural economic development in Minnesota.
In order for rural Minnesota to succeed, there needs to be a strong, collective and credible voice that can create and move forward an economic agenda at the local, state, and federal level.
Regional Development Organizations are committed to providing that collective leadership for rural Minnesota.
SRDC is here to help strengthen your community!
SRDC offers a vast list of services to assist with your needs. Contact us if you are interested in working with SRDC on your project.