Helping Communities Reach Their Active Living Goals
Building trails, sidewalks, and bike paths to the places where people work, live, and play is essential to healthy and vibrant communities. We also know that these features improve the quality of life and attractibility of a community. SRDC has a successful history in helping communities promote active living transportation and build the infrastructure necessary to promote active lifestyles and create vibrant and attractive communities.
Beyond our Safe Routes to School efforts, SRDC works with communities, organizations, and local units of government to develop active living and trails plans. We also assist in connecting communities with the resources needed to reach their active living goals through grant research and writing, technical assistance, and meeting facilitation. We work closely with the Statewide Health Improvement Partnership (SHIP) and other regional and statewide partners to support community-driven solutions to expand opportunities for active living.
Current and Recent Efforts
- Active Living Plans in partnership with SHIP
- Active Transportation Grant application and implementation assistance
- Regional Trails Planning (current EDA grant award)
- Communications & Technical Assistance to Trails and Active Living groups
- Surveying of Parks and Trails Users
- Review and support of Transportation Alternatives Program Applications
Active Living and Trails Planning Examples
SRDC is here to help strengthen your community!
SRDC offers a vast list of services to assist with your needs. Contact us if you are interested in working with SRDC on your project.