Southwest Regional Development Commission places a high priority on the safety of its staff, Commission members, partners, and the public. Following guidance from Governor Tim Walz and the Minnesota Department of Health, we are taking aggressive steps to help slow the spread of COVID-19, including the use of social distancing strategies. As we continue to monitor the coronavirus situation closely, we will follow the Minnesota Department of Health, CDC, and World Health Organization for updates and guidance.
What This Means For SRDC Work
- While our office is closed to the public, our team is here to serve the region and will continue to work on regional projects and initiatives. Please reach out to our staff with any suggestions on how we can help during this challenging situation.
- Staff are working remotely from their homes, and are available by phone, email, and other forms of communications. Please reach out to our staff for any questions concerns, or assistance needs. Visit our staff page for contact information, or contact us through our website or Facebook page.
- For now, we are offering meetings by phone, email, and video conference. Please check our events calendar or Facebook page for current meeting-specific information.
Updated and ongoing information will be shared via our website, social media and email as it becomes available. We encourage you to follow the SRDC on Facebook to stay up-to-date with news, meetings and events, and regional information.
As our team partners with communities and organizations, we’ve established this page to help you better understand the resources available to you now and in the future.
We are communicating regularly with our organizational partners, including Minnesota Association of Development Organization (MADO), National Association of Development Organizations (NADO), and the Federal Economic Development Administration (EDA). SRDC will continue to draw on the experiences and expertise of our partners and networks. Together, as organizations and partners, we are strongest when we share ideas, collaborate on best practices, and create innovating solutions that best meet our communities’ needs.
We will do our best to update these resources as they become available to ensure you are receiving the most up-to-date information.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Minnesota Board on Aging: Helping Minnesota’s Older Adults during COVID-19
- Minnesota Department of Health
SRDC RLF: SRDC has a strong belief that small businesses are the backbone to our local and regional economy, and we are committed to assisting regional businesses through this unprecedented time, including offering current RLF clients COVID-19 Deferment Plans to assist with short-term business needs. Please reach out to our Economic Development Director for questions regarding our RLF program.
Other Business Resources:
- COVID 19 Resources: Emergency Loan Programs
- Facebook: Small Business Grants Program
- Minnesota Chamber of Commerce: COVID-19 Business Toolkit
- Minnesota Department of Employment and Economic Development (DEED): Guide for Minnesota Small Businesses that Need Help, Small Business Emergency Loan Program, One Minnesota: Businesses Doing Good, Information & Resources for Workers, Small Business Loan Guarantee Program
- Minnesota Department of Revenue: Sales and Use Tax
- Southwest Initiative Foundation: Emergency Child Care Grant Program, General Greater Minnesota Program Information
- U.S. Senate Committee on Small Business & Entrepreneurship: Small Business Owners Guide to the CARES Act
- U.S. Small Business Administration: SBA Economic Injury Assistance Disaster Loans